Thursday, May 26, 2011

My Precious Peanuts

Both of our kids recently had birthdays and normally I'd take them to get their annual pictures done (as they don't sit or smile for me the way they do for others... very frustrating). However, I learned that the woman that I usually go to who can work miracles with my kids, my beloved Angela, had left the company. After getting this disturbing news, I was left scratching my head. It does seem absurd that I can go into peoples' homes and take photos for complete strangers, but somehow I have very little luck getting my own 2 children to even look at my camera. I do take some comfort in knowing that other photographers share in this problem but, in light of the recent loss of Angela, I decided that the time had come and I would have to take on the challenge of taking my own photos.

After gathering a few props, we visited a spot near our home where we like to visit sometimes and, to my very pleasant surprise, they both did relatively well! My daughter did her usual running and my son did his (expected) avoid-the-camera bit, but I managed to get a few shots of both that I was pleased with. Despite my reluctancy, the experience went rather well and I'm happy to say that I now have photos to hang on my wall until this time next year... when we'll have to do it over again ;) So it is with pleasure that I can say that these are some shots that was able to get of my beautiful baby girl (3) and my little man (1). And I love them both more than words could say!! <3





This pretty much sums up the way my son feels about his Teddy. My sister gave it to him as a Baptism gift and he won't sleep without it :)
   
This photo says it all about my daughter: independent, curious, fearless, and always on the move!


She LOVES to dress up, but her very favorite accessory is her mardi gras beads. She wears them everywhere :)

My sweet, sweet babies. They melt my heart!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures Molly! Great job! I have the same problem getting pictures of my own! Asher is the absolute worst!

    ReplyDelete