Monday, December 5, 2011

The Most Precious Gift

This is our third child and I think that no matter how many kids you've had, getting an ultrasound is a thrill!! There is nothing better than getting that first glimpse of the little being growing inside you that you already love and cherish, without knowing a thing about it. A little being that you've never laid eyes on before but that you would die to protect and that you know will forever change your life. It's such a surreal feeling and the only thing better is the moment that you do actually get to meet your sweet, precious little bundle. All the emotions and adrenaline flowing through every inch of you and in that instant your world only exists to hear that baby cry because once you hear it, you know they're here and they're ok. A moment you want to relive over and over again... a moment that can never be compared to any other in your entire life.

My husband and I decided that we did not want to find out the sex of this peanut, making the anticipation even greater. However, I've found that there's a calm that has come with this pregnancy that I've never had before but have sort of enjoyed. Having done this twice already, I kind of feel like a veteran with my war stories and my battle scars, but the calm also comes with knowing that this will be our last child. Knowing I will never know the exhileration of seeing 2 pink lines, or feel another flutter from tiny hands and feet, or experience the rush of giving birth makes me cherish this process even more than I have in the past... and I find myself enjoying more and complaining less as I know how quickly this process goes by. But, to say that I can't wait for this nugget to arrive is a severe understatement. With this baby, our family will be complete and I'm excited to see what that's going to look like. Til then, I'll be loving every little kick and will be daydreaming of holding our little one for the first time... our precious Little Vig :) xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment